I literally call these my clean out the pantry muffins-they are so simple to make and pretty much impossible to mess up. A basic muffin recipe with a cup of your favorite “add-ins” you really can’t go wrong. These little muffins are great for a quick breakfast on the go or as a side to a fruit/veggie platter at lunch. Make. Freeze. Eat.
Gluten Free Fruit, Nut, Berry, Chip Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 C Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend * (recipe below)
- 1/8 tsp. Xanthum Gum
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 3 T Honey
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C oil (I use coconut or grape-seed oil)
- ¾ C Juice (I have used everything from coconut water to lemon juice-be creative)
- Approximately 1 C total filling/add-ins (berries, fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, etc…)**
- Muffin / Cupcake Liners
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl with a fork or whisk, mix together the GF Flour Blend, Xanthum Gum, Salt, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Nutmeg until well incorporated.
3. Make a well (hole) in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the eggs, honey, vanilla, oil and juice. Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together –mix just until blended. Add filling ingredients/add-ins
4. Line a muffin pan with liners (I spray my muffin liners to prevent sticking) ¾ of the way full with batter.
5. Slide tray of muffins into preheated oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature- (I usually freeze mine for later use).
*Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend – Equal parts brown rice flour, sorghum flour and tapioca starch mixed until well blended. I mix a batch of this GF All Purpose flour and keep it stored in a sealed plastic container in my freezer.
** Some “fillings/add-ins” to consider (use 1 cup of any combination of the following) – Blueberries; mashed bananas & chopped walnuts; diced strawberries; peeled & diced pears; raisins & chopped pecans; grated carrots, zucchini & raisins; pecans & peanut butter chip; Craisins & chocolate chips or blueberry & white chocolate chips.
This is a quick and easy treat for the kiddo’s to enjoy!! The weather is going to be beautiful here today….I’m thinking we will be whipping up a batch ourselves!! Mmmmm…the “taste’s of summer”!!
1 carton vanilla yogurt (we usually buy ours from HERE)
1 can (6 oz.) concentrated, unsweetened OJ
Easy as 1, 2, 3
1) Mix well and freeze in 3-oz. paper cups.
2) Insert a wooden stick in each cup when mixture is partially frozen.
Pumpkin needed a quick easy recipe for a bake sale so we made these; Yummy Monkey Bars!!
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter (we used a 1T of Coconut oil in place of 1 T of butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (we used flax seed too)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- (We also added some cinnamon and some pumpkin pie spice…next time I would probably even add some dried fruit)
||1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan
|| 2) In a large mixing bowl beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, and butter with mixer. Just until smooth and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then add banana. Stir in the oats, flour, wheat germ, and baking soda. Spread in prepared baking pan.
||3) Bake 20-25 minutes…sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with butter..MMM!!
**Original Recipe Found Here we altered the original quite a bit after reading the reviews 🙂