Pumpkin needed a quick easy recipe for a bake sale so we made these; Yummy Monkey Bars!!
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter (we used a 1T of Coconut oil in place of 1 T of butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (we used flax seed too)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- (We also added some cinnamon and some pumpkin pie spice…next time I would probably even add some dried fruit)
|Directions:||1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9-inch baking pan||2) In a large mixing bowl beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, and butter with mixer. Just until smooth and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then add banana. Stir in the oats, flour, wheat germ, and baking soda. Spread in prepared baking pan.||3) Bake 20-25 minutes…sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with butter..MMM!!|
**Original Recipe Found Here we altered the original quite a bit after reading the reviews 🙂
Thanks for stopping by Giving Up On A Clean House 🙂 Do you know that people can’t respond to your comments via email. Just checking, because I didn’t know until someone told me! These bars sound delicious!