If you are tired of eating the same old side dishes for dinner or looking to curb that carbohydrate craving these are amazingly simple and super versatile. They taste great dipped in most anything from pizza sauce to ketchup like a tater-tot. Since we are pretty much all gluten free here all the time and my little guy has a nightshade intolerance and can’t have potato cauliflower has become my new kitchen best friend.
Grain Free Cauliflower Patties
Yields: 12-15 small/medium
1 Head of Cauliflower
½ C. Almond Meal
¼ C. Raw Cheddar or Parmesan Cheese (for dairy free recipe –this maybe omitted)
Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder to Taste
1. Cut cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water until tender (about 10 minutes)
2. Drain and mash cauliflower.
3. Stir in eggs, cheese, almond meal and seasonings.
4. Lightly coat bottom of griddle or skillet with grape seed or coconut oil.
5. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3” in diameter.
6. Pan fry over low / medium heat until golden brown and set (about 3 minutes per side).
*I sometimes add shredded carrot to my patties too for added color and extra vitamins