Taco Tuesday’s with homemade salsa verde is pretty much music to mine (and my kids) ears (or should I say – tastebuds?).
While, I do love a good traditional salsa. After growing and harvesting our first tomatillos on the homestead. It’s now, safe to say salsa verde has won my heart.
5 Surprising Benefits of Tomatillos
- Tomatillos are a good source of fiber, niacin, potassium, and manganese
- Tomatillos contain 20% of the daily recommended value of vitamin C
- They contain a healthy amount of iron, magnesium, and copper
- They contain all the right ingredients for optimal health and nutrition – even a healthy amount of vitamin K
- Modern science is currently studying the anti-inflammatory properties of the Tomatillo. According to a study performed at the University of Kansas this magical fruit (yes, it is a fruit) contains a plethora of compounds showing great potential in it’s fight against cancer.
What to you say? Let’s dive in and enjoy some salsa verde!
DIY Salsa Verder Recipe
Be sure to comment below and tell us what you think of our salsa! And, check out our homestead kitchen for more recipes sure to please the entire family!