DIY Water Color Ice Paint
Summer has officially begun in our house- swim lessons are well under way, the boat has set sail many times, and we are diving feet first into our 50 summer activities for kids. Like so many other kids- painting always seems to rank among my kids favorite “things to do list“. This activity is a combination of art, science, and sensory time fun. The beautiful color combinations, the coolness of the ice as your little ones paint, and well, the art part goes without saying. It is not very time consuming and with a little planning ahead he or she will be painting the rainbow in no time.
(The following post may contain affiliate links- where by if a purchase should be made directly through this link it will go towards supporting this blog- you are under no obligation to do so, but if you do make a purchase know that I am very grateful for each and everyone of you.)
- Ice cube tray (I give each child his or her own)
- Food coloring
- Popsicle sticks or sucker sticks (like these)
- Add a few drops of food color to each slot of the ice cube tray
- Fill with water
- Cover with foil and poke sticks through- placing one stick in each of the 12 slots.
- Freeze until firmly set and then let your little paint away