Although, Lent has passed we still tend to eat a lot of breakfast on Fridays…so I thought I would share a “meatless” family favorite with all of you!!
Yummy! Caramel French Toast
- 1C. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Corn Syrup
- 13/4 C Milk
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2C. Butter
- 11/2 tsp. Vanilla
- Loaf of french style bread sliced
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
and Grease 9 x 13 pan
- Heat butter, corn syrup, and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbly (this is your caramel sauce!)
- Blend Eggs, milk, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl (set aside)
- Layer with 1/2 of your caramel sauce , then add 3/4 of your bread slices, sprinkle cream cheese throughout and/or spread over bread, add remaining bread, and top with the rest of the caramel sauce. Pour egg mixture over all layers.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes!!
© 2020 Copyright Jenny Irvine
This is a great lent treat and or Easter morning breakfast!! This can also be made ahead and put in the fridge for the next day…quick and easy!! Original Post Featured at myhappyhomestead.com