This recipe excites me every time I make it-why, you ask? Well, there are actually several reasons. It is super simple to make and even freezes great for make ahead meal planning (so make two and freeze one) Secondly, it is a recipe my entire family can eat since it is gluten, dairy, and nightshade free. Third, it can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and-lastly, it tastes great hot or cold.
Salmon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
Yields: 1 – 8×8 or pie dish quiche
Crust Ingredients –
1 Sweet Potato, sliced into thin rounds (enough to cover the bottom of a 8 x 8 baking dish twice)
¼ C Almond or Coconut Milk
1 T Fresh Rosemary (minced)
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Crust Instructions –
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Layer the bottom of (lightly sprayed) 8×8 baking or pie dish with 2 layers of sweet potato slices.
3. Sprinkle with Rosemary
4. Mix eggs and seasoning and pour over potatoes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes – remove from oven and continue with filling below…
Quiche Ingredients –
1 ½ C Almond or Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Dried Dill
½ tsp. Black Pepper
1 T Bacon Bits
1 T Minced Garlic
½ C Green Onions (thinly s
4 oz. Smoked Salmon (flaked into small pieces)
Filling Instructions –
1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, bacon bits, garlic, onions and seasonings until frothy.
2. Sprinkle the salmon over the baked sweet potato crust.
3. Pour egg mixture over salmon.
4. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 – 45 minutes or until center is set and toothpick test is clean.
5. Cool on wire rack 20 – 30 minutes before cutting.