Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Balls
This recipe is so easy to make-and, the best part is the variations are endless. Sort of like my muffin recipe-I really do use whatever I have on hand- eliminating unnecessary trips to the store and access spending.
Yields; approximately 2 dozen
1/2 C. honey
1/4 C. mix-ins (chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or raisins)
Dash of cinnamon (optional)
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil until combine thoroughly.
3. Gradually add the ground oats to the peanut butter, honey, and coconut mixture- mixing continuously until all blended.
4. Gently fold in your desired add-ins (this is one of those things like granola and muffins-I throw whatever I have on hand in them)
5. Using a a kitchen teaspoon (or I use our OXO melon-baller) scoop and roll into balls.
6. Eat and enjoy or Freeze* for future use
When freezing- place balls on parchment paper -freeze for 30-40 minutes then remove and store in a ziplock bag. Label and place back in the freezer for later (just an FYI these taste really good cold or at room temp). They can remain in the freezer for up to 3 months but ours never make it but a couple of weeks.