I literally call these my clean out the pantry muffins-they are so simple to make and pretty much impossible to mess up. A basic muffin recipe with a cup of your favorite “add-ins” you really can’t go wrong. These little muffins are great for a quick breakfast on the go or as a side to a fruit/veggie platter at lunch. Make. Freeze. Eat.
Gluten Free Fruit, Nut, Berry, Chip Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 C Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend * (recipe below)
- 1/8 tsp. Xanthum Gum
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 3 T Honey
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C oil (I use coconut or grape-seed oil)
- ¾ C Juice (I have used everything from coconut water to lemon juice-be creative)
- Approximately 1 C total filling/add-ins (berries, fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, etc…)**
- Muffin / Cupcake Liners
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl with a fork or whisk, mix together the GF Flour Blend, Xanthum Gum, Salt, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Nutmeg until well incorporated.
3. Make a well (hole) in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the eggs, honey, vanilla, oil and juice. Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together –mix just until blended. Add filling ingredients/add-ins
4. Line a muffin pan with liners (I spray my muffin liners to prevent sticking) ¾ of the way full with batter.
5. Slide tray of muffins into preheated oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature- (I usually freeze mine for later use).
*Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend – Equal parts brown rice flour, sorghum flour and tapioca starch mixed until well blended. I mix a batch of this GF All Purpose flour and keep it stored in a sealed plastic container in my freezer.
** Some “fillings/add-ins” to consider (use 1 cup of any combination of the following) – Blueberries; mashed bananas & chopped walnuts; diced strawberries; peeled & diced pears; raisins & chopped pecans; grated carrots, zucchini & raisins; pecans & peanut butter chip; Craisins & chocolate chips or blueberry & white chocolate chips.